Assignments have got me under a lot of pressure but I thought this would be an interesting post to write. If you stop by often you'll know that I absolutely love photographs. I thought that I'd share with you some of the things that I do to achieve photos that I love. These are by no means professional or even amateur photography tips, just the opinions of someone who points the camera and presses the shutter release button.
- Have an idea, concept or story behind the image that you are about to take. I personally love when photos tell a story or look like stills from a movie.
- While taking the photos and editing them take time to experiment with lighting, exposure, contrast ect.
- Experiment with angles, positions and poses.
- Take ridiculous amounts of photos, you never know what shot might be THE shot!
- Throwing together random objects and props, clothing and make-up just may create a magical moment.
I hope that these suggestions help you create gorgeous shots :)
The photo above is a self portrait I took a few months ago, It's one of my favorites :)
Leave me a link to your favorite self portrait... I'd love to see it!
Have a great Saturday and a lovely weekend
PS. If you're currently using Google Reader and would like to continue following me using bloglovin you can do so here :)